Instead of always dumping only the rotten here, I thought I 'd write about the even days. Today, yesterday, most of the last several days, have been even days. Not too sad, not too discontent. Missing little things like always, but it's not interrupting the day-to-day functions.
I have been having problems with my feet (usually one foot at a time) and today went for a follow-up with my podiatrist (who happens to be a friend of mine, well, actually she's my podiatrist because she is a friend of mine, otherwise I would have found a podiatrist closer than 30 min away- anyway).
So this hyper flexi-mobility issue is rather all-encompassing. My feet hurt because the joints (specifically the cuboid) all move around too much. Now I have all kinds of stuff shoved in my shoes to support my feet. But my feet feel much happier. To that end, I tested them out with a long walk around the park with the mutt.
As I was walking around the park, I wondered what the heck all the other people were doing at the park in the middle of the day, without kids. I used to always wonder this about people before I worked at home. Well, 'worked', because obviously today I was driving to another county to see the podiatrist and walking my dog for another hour. Anyway, maybe some of them work at restaurants. Now, maybe some of them have lost their jobs.
Then there is me. Walking the dog. Missing the stroller. Well, the baby that should be in the stroller.
Anyway, I have always had this hyper flexi-mobility shit. So, yes, sometimes when I ran track, or after turning an ankle, a foot would hurt. Why are they hurting so much now that I can't even take walks? I think this constant additional pain may be due to the weight I have gained. Sigh. I need to exercise more. Well, exercising should be easier if the feet are under control and the back continues to do better. I guess with these flexible joints I need to build the muscle. I just don't care for going to the gym. Guess I should come January. I need to lose some weight before embarking on another round of reproductive adventures.
See, this is better moods, right? You can tell when my mood is even beacuse I am more sarchastic and rather tangential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think I've given up on losing weight (I still technically have those dumb 8 lbs), and have focused on exercising because it makes me feel good, and will hopefully help prepare me for the next pregnancy. Man, those things are what motivate me these days.
Glad you are having an 'even' thread of days lately.
*hugs*
I think sarcastic is just part of our new makeup, although I always had it before, it just it worse now. Glad to hear you're having some even days.
Ah losing weight.. Not my favourite thing to do. Unless it requires little or no effort on my part..
You know, swimming is a great option, although I realize that going into the cold pool in the winter is not pleasant. It's always hard to start, but once you get going 2-3 times a week, you'll wonder how you could live without exercise.
Glad you are having a good day (although "ouch" on the feet!). If you're flexible, you might enjoy yoga, have you tried it? Great stress reliever too (although just about any exercise is).
Post a Comment