Sunday, July 12, 2009

Posting a link on a health condition that may be affecting you, and your chances of getting pregnant

Interesting video summary of recent results on celiac disease. The doctor proposes that we start screening for celiac disease much like we screen for high cholesterol.



I don't know why celiac disease is more prevalent, but I suspect it has something to do with the 'food-like chemicals' that make up so much of our diet. For further reading I recommend two books, "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan and "The End of Overeating" by Dr. David Kessler. The food processing industry is not your friend; think big tobacco.

2 comments:

AnnaBelle said...

It's great that celiac disease is receiving so much attention in the scientific community - so much more is known now than 12 years ago when I was diagnosed.

G$ said...

Interesting stuff. My sister in law has celiacs, I will pass it along :)