Friday, August 21, 2009

Thumpity Thumpity

The little bean has got a heartbeat!

We had the ultrasound and first doctor's appointment this week. I saw the heartbeat even on the external u/s, before the tech even said.

I was numb that day.

We met with another doctor in the MFM practice. He mentioned that we would be doing kickcounts later on. Finally, a doctor that thinks these might help! Why not the regular, old, non-high-risk doctors???

We have another appointment in two weeks. A crazy level of care.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Ya Chun!

Heather said...

Crazy level of care= good.

Yay for a heartbeat! That is such good news. Do you have an EDD?

I am a compulsive kick counter now too. I do not understand why this isn't standard for everyone- it's free, easy, and could prevent disaster.

Azaera said...

That is wonderful news. I'm happy they are being attentive!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why it isn't standard to kick counts either. Its so easy. I always did mine right before bed and I could always get 10 within 10 minutes. It always made me feel like I was doing something that could maybe save both of us if that makes sense.

erica said...

So happy about the heartbeat! And attentive doctor are good to have.

Donna said...

Glad everything is OK!!! Can't wait to hear more.

Sara said...

Excellent news, Ya Chun! We're all pulling for you!

Bluebird said...

I'm so thrilled for you! Congratulations.

T said...

Wonderful, wonderful news. :)

Barbara said...

*Smile*

Good news!

xxx

Bonny said...

I'm so excited! Over the moon happy for you and Triple S!

Reese said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

Keep growing little bean!

Amanda said...

Thats wonderful to hear!! That heartbeat is the most amazing sound ever!!

Dani819 said...

Hooray for the heartbeat! And a sensible doctor.

Word verification on this post- datie. As in, when is yours?

CLC said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! Great news Ya Chun! Keep the good news coming!

janis said...

AAAwww... I am feeling so glad for you!

AnnaBelle said...

Yay! What a beautiful sound!

k@lakly said...

Excellent news! Here's to around 8 more months of it!!
xxoo

Hope's Mama said...

The things we have to do to get a crazy level of care huh. Sigh.
Grow baby grow!!!!

Sue said...

Excellent! So glad you had a good appointment and feel good about the level of care you'll get with this doctor. Yea!

Monica said...

Yay- congrats and thanks for sharing this lovely news. We can all use more of that, I'm pretty sure.

Tash said...

Eep!

Melis.sa said...

Congratulations!!

G$ said...

Yay!! One day, one hour, one minute at a time.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from LFCA...

Congratulations! Best of luck with the whole pregnancy.

MrsSpock said...

I popped over from the L & F to say congrats!

Kick counts saved my son's life. He stopped moving at 41 weeks due to a cord strangulation- they really do work!

still life angie said...

Awesome news! Yay, Bean has a heartbeat and growing...squeeal.