Wednesday, June 15, 2011

On names and signs

Triple S' cousin* just used 'our boy name' as her son's second name.

I am so bummed.

I think I will take this as a sign that we are done with more kids.

*This is the cousin who's daughter was born ~11 months after Serenity died. I just can't take her half-Asian little girl, I try and try. It's a hang up for me.

8 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

aww, it sounds hard. *hugs*

Hanen said...

Arg - hard. Glad at least that it's his second name and not his first.

Be careful with the signs though - I've stopped believing them, perhaps because of my wonky interpretation of signs.

But yes, I know what you mean about those babies that are just too close to home. xxx

still life angie said...

That is defeating. But you can still use it. It was just a middle name. My twin's son has my son's middle name. I used it. I like it. xo

Hope's Mama said...

Oh Ya Chun. I hope this isn't so. I just want to send you love, and let you know I am thinking of you.
xo

Patchi said...

The first thing my cousin said when I announced my first son's name was that it was "her favorite name". A few months later she told me she was pregnant, and they picked a different name for the boy. Two years later she had another boy and decided "her favorite name" was fair game. I agree with her, especially considering it is such a popular name and we call ours by a nickname anyway. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you ;)

I wish I could have named either one of my boys "my favorite name", but Dada hated it with vehemence. Something about a boy that picked on him in school... We still have our "girl name", not that I see any girls in our future.

Monique said...

Damn them.

I'm struggling with the notion of another or not too - have no answers though.

Sophie said...

:( I'm so sorry. Sending hugs. xx

loribeth said...

That sucks. :p