Monday, November 17, 2008

Back in the day

Back in the day, I was a hot, totally-career-oriented, never-gonna-get-married chica at 19...now I don't know what I am...an overweight stay-at-home housewife with no kids approaching 33?

I'd tell the old (young) me to live life more slowly and enjoy it, don't rush to get to the future, because the future is not ensured; and I'd also tell her that if she wants to have kids to decide so earlier, because delivering a live baby after 39 weeks of growing is not ensured either.

3 comments:

CLC said...

I would tell the old/young me the same thing. You hit the nail on the head.

misha said...

My sentiments exactly. But then I always remember the New Yorker cartoon which said something along the lines of "There is never a right time to get married, have kids and move to New Jersey." Those things just seemed unreal until I realized it was getting too late.

c. said...

Hmmm. What would I tell my old, young self. To slow down. Don't be in such a rush to grow up. Because being a grown-up and having real responsibilities (and real heartache) sucks way worse than living at home with your parents.