"The worst thing to happen to you that won't kill you."
*laugh*
That's so horribly true. And I'm so damned tired of hearing that "what doesn't kill you" statement. My MW said it at the hospital. If I'd had the energy, I might have punched her in the face. :x
A bit like Erica, I always used to hear before her birth "you don't know what you're getting yourself in to". Nup, I had no fucking idea. Clearly they didn't either.
When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present -- love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure -- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience Heaven on earth.
-Sarah Ban Breathnach
6 comments:
I hear ya.
Bilateral renal agenesis is a big bummer.
Lactating for your dead baby is lame.
Wheat is from the devil ;)
Sigh.
Julia and I were talking a while back, and we came up with
baby dying. The worst thing to happen to you that won't kill you.
"The worst thing to happen to you that won't kill you."
*laugh*
That's so horribly true. And I'm so damned tired of hearing that "what doesn't kill you" statement. My MW said it at the hospital. If I'd had the energy, I might have punched her in the face. :x
How about...
"Life sucks... and then your baby dies..."
No I'm not "over it" yet.
Your life will change forever.
I heard that all the time before Teddy was born. I struggle not to throw it back at people now.
A bit like Erica, I always used to hear before her birth "you don't know what you're getting yourself in to". Nup, I had no fucking idea. Clearly they didn't either.
Post a Comment