But, today, two women told me they had miscarriages. The one lady has a daughter who is at least 18, so this must have been sometime ago. She was crying and I was comforting her. The other, I've only said hi to a few times. She lost her baby five years ago.
I just wish these ladies had talked to me when I was still pregnant. Maybe I would have done something differently. Maybe I would have heard that you can loose your perfectly healthy baby one week before her due date.
Last week, the president at my work chased me down to offer his sympathy. I really appreciated that and I felt he really meant it. Well, it turns out his daughter gave birth a few weeks after I lost my baby. She was going to go for no interventions, but my loss was fresh on her mind. I guess her labor was going a long time and she told them to do a c section. Turns out the cord was wrapped around her baby's neck too. So I guess my Serenity saved one life already.
I just wish I could have saved her.

3 comments:
That was sweet of him to tell you that. I am sure it was hard to hear, but it is nice to know that Serenity is looking out for other babies.
That was nice of your co-workers to divulge their own losses to you. Their losses, although very different, were probably very tragic to them at the time.
As for your boss, that must have been difficult to hear...and so nice, too.
It's always a little fraught for me when people start telling me stories -- it really depends on how I'm doing that day or how much they seem determined to share tidbits of advice. Glad it was comforting for you, though.
Try to remember that you really did do everything you could to take care of your baby and protect her.
Thinking of you.
Post a Comment