Friday, September 12, 2008

Nobody was home

There was no growth since the last ultrasound and no heartbeat today. Macadamia is no longer with us.

The doctor has recommended a D & C. I am not sure that I am up for a medical procedure. Any thoughts, pros/cons, your experience? I think a miscarriage should come soon since it has already been 2, if not 3, weeks. We are scheduled for Thursday. I guess I hope that a miscarriage will occur before that.

Triple S is hanging around the house now. I think he will go into work a bit, as I am encouraging him to do so.

This new OB is recommending that we take super high folic acid, aspirin, and maybe even heparin, for the next pregnancy, when we get there. I am really leaning towards after February, when Serenity died. I just want to get through that and get my health better (and figure out what my thyroid is or isn't doing).

Thanks to those who checked in earlier today. You all know that it means so much.

Right now I feel like I want to pop into the reception for a very short bit. It's good to celebrate life sometimes, and this person was really supportive when Serenity died, I returned to work, and I quit that old job. This is someone whose good fortune I want to celebrate, with them.

I guess I am still in a bit of shock and denial, but in some ways was prepared for this since that last u/s wasn't promising. It will hit me soon enough, I am coasting on this rollercoaster right now.

~a

24 comments:

Travelwahine said...

Ya Chun, I am so sorry. Is it me, or does it seem like everyone whose had a previous loss and has a subsequent pregnancy ends up having a miscarriage. IT SUCKS!!!

I'm wondering, what would the super high folic acid intake provide for a pregnancy. Just wondering.

Please take care of yourself. You are in my thoughts. ((((HUGS))))

Ya Chun said...

Thanks Travelwahine-

The high folic acid would do something...I can't really remember what he said.

He said the aspirin would help with immune responses to the placenta and the formation of the connection of the baby to the placenta (since sometimes that is the problem and the mother reacts to the baby and forms clots or has an immune response). Or something like that. It was difficult for me to catch it all and I;ll be sure to bring it up and ask questions and details when we are at that point...

Sara said...

Oh Ya Chun, what sad news. Anyone who's been through what you have should be given a free pass to an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby. The universe just sucks sometimes. I'm thinking about you and Triple S.

misha said...

Ya Chun, this is horrible news. I am so sorry.

My personal mantra is: resilience. We'll get our turn someday.

k@lakly said...

Oh, Ya Chun,
I am so sorry. You sound so brave and strong. I wish the universe was a kinder place and would leave the broken hearts of dead baby moms alone. Enough already.

I had D & C's with both my m/c's. I preferred having it over with. I have known many whose bodies just wouldn't let the pg remains go and it took them weeks and weeks to go teh 'natural' route. With my first m/c and D & C, it was all over the same day we found out, (my doc took me right over to the hospital and did the procedure over her lunch hour...)and I got pg with my now healthy 7 year old daughter the very next cycle, which was only a month later.
I hope, whatever you choose, it is over asap and that you are surrounded by lots of love and support.
Thinking of you.
xxoo

janis said...

Ya Chun, my heart breaks for you. I am so very sorry. ((hugs))
I hope the miscarriage can happen for you naturally, if possible. I have no wise words about the best route, I just hope your body will work with you, and be kind with you.
xoxo

Kristi said...

Ya Chun,
I am so very sorry to read this. My heart aches for you.

Take care of yourself.

Kristi

Reese said...

I am so, so sorry Ya Chun. So damn unfair.....

c. said...

No. No. No. No. No. I am so sorry, Ya Chun.

In each of my cases of miscarriage, I opted for the more invasive d&c. My body doesn't like to do these things on its own. In fact, with my first miscarriage, the baby died at 5 weeks, 6 days and I showed no signs of miscarriage at all for 6 more weeks, and it was a minor sign at that. Also, like K said, I wanted it all over with, too. I wanted to get right back to ttc and an unfinished miscarriage would have hampered that.

Know that I am thinking about you and cursing the Universe for disappointing you in this way. I'm so sorry.

Mrs. Spit said...

I'm sorry. Those words are few and small and utterly inadequate in the face of more tragedy.

I wish this had been different. I wish that my wishes were more powerful.

G$ said...

Oh YC, I am so sorry :( My heart breaks for your loss.

missing_one said...

I'm so sorry.

I took Gingeroot capsules and Black Cohosh to get the miscarriage going. it really worked and got everything out. Also, when the cramps were really bad the first night, I took red raspberry leaf tea.

I was about 7 weeks along and it took a few days to get started.

You also want to make sure you get HCG level blood tests done to make sure the levels go down to 0 and that you are not retaining any of the tissue.

*hugs* I am so sorry. Email me if you need more information

Missing_one said...

I forgot to add that it was a natural miscarriage and lasted a total of 4 days (only two of those were really heavy)

I know it might not have hit you just yet, but we are all here....we were all hoping for you and are devasted with you..

Monica H said...

Ya Chun,

I came over to say thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving a kind comment, but I now see that I needed to come over for a totally different reason.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I have had 2 D&C's, but it was to remove the adherant placenta after the boys were born. My experiences were okay, and I didn't really have any problems or adverse effect from the procedure. They gave me a "pill" (I don't know the name) to further expell any remnants, and that hurt because it contracted your uterus. But it just felt like bad cramps, and really when you've lost yet another baby, cramps aren't a big deal.

Wishing you a fast healing and a lot of peace in the next few weeks.

((HUGS)) to you,
Monica
STILL HOPEFUL

Wishing you well

Guera! said...

I am so very sorry.

B's Mom said...

There is nothing more than I can say than I am sorry, and I am thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! This stuff really sucks!

I don't have any advice about the d&c, but you should do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Also, I found your blog through the comments you left for me and say you live in MO? Me too.

CLC said...

Oh, Ya Chun, I am so sorry. I have no advice regarding miscarriages. I am thinking of you and Triple S.

Anonymous said...

So so sorry! My heart is with you.
Nothing else to say cause nothing can make it better.

Ange said...

Oh this is not fair. Am so very sorry to hear this sad news. With both my MC they were 'missed' and I would turn up for a scan to find no heartbeat. I too wanted it out and done so as to not waste any time TTC. Please take care of yourself and your man.

loribeth said...

I am so very sorry. :(

(((hugs))) to you & Triple S.

tammy said...

ohhh ya chun i am really really sorry. Please forgive my comment on your last post.

When i had my miscarriages they were both natural. I didnt even know until i had the severe cramps and bleeding. The baby had died two weeks before. Your body can dispel it, it can just take a while. It is if you can cope though with knowing what is going to happen.

My sister after having 3 miscarriages was advised to take aspirin and heparin as soon as she found out she was pregnant. She did and now has 3 beautiful children.

Stay strong, it will happen one day. Why does it happen to the best people i will never know.

Take care, sending all my love and thoughts x x x x x x

Which Box said...

I am so, so sorry.

Coggy said...

I'm so sorry ya chun. Sorry I am so late to leave my thoughts and so sorry this has happened to you.

I hope you are doing OK and that things get a whole lot easier for you in the future.

Thank you for dropping by my blog in my absence. I'm just sorry I wasn't here earlier. x