I no longer follow the "no blogging at work" rule.
If I want a break from my work, or if I can't work because my mind is preoccupied with grief or stress, I blog.*
To me, it is grief work; it is part of my 'roadmap to health'.**
Taking an easy day is sometimes my best course of action.
Making time to exercise benefits my body, my mind, my marriage, my life, my future pregnancy.
Sometimes I need to remind my boss about these new rules.
I currently have a 'you need to work at least one day a week' rule. I mostly did that already this week. It sometimes is hard to accomplish, when you have a holiday on Monday, an inauguration to watch on Tuesday, part-time job on Thursday, and inlaws in town all week. oh well.
Maybe another hour for today, then I think I will be QUILTING!!!
Who wants to see me post about quilting?***
*which means, I read google reader
**sorry - just thinking about the middle east
***quilting, by the way, counts as therapy! And costs just as much!
****Ha Extra asterisk just for fun!
-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Umm, yeah?!
Ah, my chi was blocked or something, I couldn't sew a straight line for million bucks.
Blogging is a big stress reliever for me!
I'd LOVE to see your blog about quilting!
Quilting sounds awesome. That is one thing I have never tried, though I always wondered about it. I think there is probably too much measuring for me.. And you're right you do need a break, it's good that you are taking care of yourself.
Blogging is therapy to me too. I'd be lost without my new family of babyloss mothers.
Quilting with not-straight lines sounds good to me!
xxx
Post a Comment