Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More medical appointments

I went to the Rheumatologist (Rht) today. This was after I had some abnormal antibody test results. Well, the Rht doesn't think that I have lupus, or Rheumatoid arthritis or any other such super nasty syndrome. But, he wants me to do a sleep study because i am tired when I wake up. Then I started thinking, you know, I fall asleep while I am driving to work, when I am reading, watching TV, etc. Maybe I do have sleep issues? Oh yeah, I also slept through college...

AND, I have benign hyperflexibility syndrome. I didn't know that being as flexible as I am was a syndrome. And these high antibodies can indicate an autoimmune or connective tissue disorder. And some of these disorders, so the Dr. says, can lead to stillbirth!! I hope we can get this sorted out. Maybe I am lucky that I carried the baby as far as I did or that I got pregnant at all. But still, my OB was pretty quick to jump on the "umbilical cord twice tightly around the neck" explanation with nothing determined from the autopsy.

I really never knew that all of these aches and loose joints could be such a serious medical issue. It just sucks a**. God, I should have gone to the doctor before. Of course, I always did tell my doctors about these things and show them my double jointed thumbs, but I guess I never had a competent Dr. like my family doctor now.

Oh, the Rht also thinks I have a lot of stress and anxiety. DUH. But, I had some of that before. I am a "stressed out" personality. Maybe I should work on that. Sounds stressful though.

Gad, I just can't wait until I don't have to go to the doctor, the physical therapist, or get bloodwork done for a whole month. I have been going to doctors non stop for a year now.

Well, if I do find out that I have a syndrome, I want it reported that my daughter died at 39 weeks. This could be a bigger trend than those aloof OBs know.

Boo hoo....

2 comments:

G$ said...

Strange, who knew this was sydrome? Well I hope it leads to more answers for you. Doc appts suck but sometimes, just sometimes they can help us piece together more bits of this crappy puzzle.

Incidently, my husband has that those crazy double joits and has sleep apnea.

c. said...

The pursuit of answers cannot be easy. I hope you get some though. Not having them is pretty tortuous, although having them can't be all that great either, for other reasons, of course.